Norton.com/setup – Data has become the most valuable commodity in the digital world. Comprising of 1s and 0s, binary strings could indicate a location; can confirm an internet user’s identity; can initiate a financial transaction, and can do so much more! While the advancement in technology is worthy of marvel and praise, it can also pose to be a threat. This data, which forms the core identity of any individual, can easily be compromised for misuse. Anybody who even has the smallest of lead about you and your existence can pull up strings and strings of data to know all about you, your business, and even trade secrets. Therefore, it is essential to protect any kind of data that is even remotely associated to you or your line of work.
Why do you need Norton?
Securing your data needs an expansive understanding of the internet and internet networks. It also needs a thorough know-how of the IT infrastructure and how malicious entities attack, spread, and propagate in the digital environment. Unfortunately, not all of us are technically well-versed in such subject matter and it may take years to have a strong understanding of this field even if through experience.
Thus, it is important to hand over such an important task to the professionals who know how to navigate through the murky waters of internet and cyber threats, while ensuring you the comfort of safety. Norton is one such expert in the area of cybersecurity and antivirus protection. It is one of the oldest and the most dependable name when one thinks of Antivirus and Internet Security. Norton’s tools can effectively sweep through your system and its networks to locate, identify, quarantine, and eliminate threats from various sources. It is basically the first software that you should be installing on your devices. To download, activate, and manage your Norton account, one has to head over to norton.com/setup .
How to Create your Norton Account?
Before you can access any of Norton’s tools, you need to have a Norton Account. Skip this section if you already have a valid Norton Account.
Here are the steps to create your Norton Account:
- Launch your preferred internet browser on your desktop.
- Click on the following link to visit the Norton website: www.norton.com/setup
- Once the website has loaded, locate the “Sign in” button. It will be located in the top-right corner. You can also find it below the “Enter Product Key” prompt as a small message saying “Returning Customer? Sign In”
- Once you have been redirected to the login page, click on the alternate tab (next to the “Sign In” tab), which says “Create an Account”
- Enter all the mandatory details including your email address, name, mobile phone number, etc.
- Uncheck the “Email me product updates, offers, and security newsletters” message if you wish to opt out of updates from Norton.
- Click on “Create Account” and that’s it, your Norton Account is created.
How to Download Norton Setup?
Now that you have a Norton Account, you need to download the software and its tools to install it on your system. Here is how you can do it:
- Go to www.norton.com/setup (you may copy-paste this URL onto your browser)
- If you haven’t already signed into your Norton Account, you may do it from the “Sign In” option present on the upper-right corner. Key in your email ID and password linked to your Norton Account. If you have forgotten your password, run a password recovery to access your account.
- Once you are redirected to the Norton Setup window, click on the “Download Norton” button.
- If you haven’t yet entered the 25 character alphanumeric product key, enter it after clicking on “Enter a new product key” and register it to your account. Once you have typed the product key, click on the “>” sign next to the field.
- Read through the Terms and Conditions of using Norton products and click on “Agree & Download.” If your product key grants you access to more than one Norton tools, click on “Load More” to see the entire list of available products, pick out the ones that you wish to download, then click Next.
- Your download will begin automatically.
How to Install Norton Setup (norton.com/setup)?
Now that you have downloaded Norton on your device, you should proceed to installing it on your system.
Steps to Install Norton Setup on Windows
Follow the steps given below to install Norton on your Windows device:
- Locate the Norton files in your default downloads folder, and double click the executable files. If you wish to run the files directly from the browser, then depending on the browser follow the steps below:
- Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge – Click on Run
- Firefox or Safari – Click the download option on the top-right corner of the Safari/Firefox to view the downloaded files. Locate the Norton file and double click on it.
- Google Chrome – Double-click on the file that you have downloaded (it will be present in the bottom-left corner)
- You will be prompted by your device about the changes being made to the hard disk. Give the setup due authorization.
- Click on Continue on the User Account Control window and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once the files are installed, You may click on Finish and restart your computer.
- Once your system has restarted, the installation is complete.